Camping Tips and Things to Know
Camping at the Lane Cove Holiday Park is a wonderful way to spend time exploring the National Park and exploring the city of Sydney and its exciting attractions. There are a few things to keep in mind when planning a camping trip.
Essentials: The office and reception at Lane Cove Holiday park is open Monday to Sunday (seven days) from 8.30am to 5pm. Contacts are 02 9888 9133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lane Cove Holiday Park is located in Lane Cove National Park on Plassey Road, North Ryde/Macquarie Park, NSW 2113
The park is open year-round, with optimal times to visit spring and autumn when the park comes alive with colours and wildlife. Temperatures vary with each season, with summer temperatures ranging between 20 and 27C, while winter temperatures range from 5 to 17C.
There are just over 206 sites for tents, campervans and caravans at Lane Cove Holiday Park. Sealed roads link the sites to the park amenities and are accessible via two-wheel-drive cars and vehicles.
Setting up camp:
- Avoid camping directly under large trees and check above for loose, dead or overhanging tree limbs
- To protect the land, avoid camping on low or poorly drained areas where soil or vegetation may be easily damaged. Look for hard ground or sandy soils
Cooking and lighting fires:
- Built in barbecues are available at Lane Cove National Park and are easily accessible from the campsite
- Be aware of any fire alerts, restrictions or bans currently in effect
- Gas stoves and fuel burners must never be lit inside the tent
Protecting Native Plants and Animals:
- Domestic animals pose a threat to native animals and are not permitted in any national park.
- Don't feed native animals. It can damage their health and make them dependent on campers for food. Kangaroos, goannas, dingos and kookaburras are common scavengers around camping and picnic areas
- Store food and rubbish in secure containers and away from animals
Emergencies and Mobile Connectivity
- Dial Triple Zero (000) in an emergency
- Download the Emergency + app before visiting, this allows emergency services to identify locations using your smartphone's GPS
- Please note there is mobile reception in the Lane Cove Holiday Park however there is limited mobile phone reception in the National Park; mobile reception is needed to call Triple Zero (000)
Be a considerate camper by keeping noise to a minimum.
Smoking is not permitted in NSW National Parks.